Opti- Coat Professional FAQ
What is Optimum Opti- Coat Professional?
The second significant difference is the thickness of the coating. A single layer of Opti-Coat Pro measures approximately 2 microns in thickness, or 100 times thicker than your typical wax or paint sealant..
What this means to your vehicle is that any damage inflicted on the surface is absorbed by Opti-Coat. This is particularly significant in relation to scratches and swirls in the paint work that inevitably build up over time. Not only will the Opti-Coat resist damage far better than factory finishes, but the coating itself can eventually be removed and reapplied. Protecting and preserving your factory clear coat, and restoring the vehicle to "better than new" condition.
What are the benefits of Opti- Coat Pro?
- Permanent coating with 5 year warranty
- Low maintenance- never wax your car again
- Hydrophobic coating sheds dirt with ease
- Increased scratch resistance compared to typical clear coat (9H hardness)
- Chemical resistant- cannot be removed with degreasers or harsh car wash soaps
- Resists bird droppings, tree sap, and bug guts
- Provides increased UV protection to prevent fading
- Permanent gloss- will not oxidize
- Approximately 100 times thicker than any wax or sealant
When is the best time to have Opti-Coat applied?
It is best to have Opti-Coat PRO applied when the vehicle is brand new, before any dealership prep or detailing. Typically, this is when your vehicle is in it's best condition and requires the least amount of prep.
What surfaces can Opti- Coat Pro be applied to?
- Painted surfaces
- Headlights and taillights
- Hard plastic
- Clear coated chrome and aluminum trim
How long does Opti- Coat Pro take to cure?
- Dry to the touch after 30 minutes
- Can be exposed to water after one hour
- Hand wash after one week (with proper soap)
- Chemical resistant after one to two weeks
- Full hardness after approximately 30- 60 days (temperature dependent)
What instructions should I give to my dealership?
Can Opti- Coat Pro be applied on top of paint protection film?
Can Opti- Coat Pro be applied on fresh paint?
Will Opti-Coat PRO prevent scratches and swirl marks?
No, although Opti-Coat provides increased scratch resistance once fully cured since it is harder than factory clear coat, it can still be scratched. Precaution should be taken to ensure the coating does not get scratched during washing and general care.
Will Opti-Coat PRO prevent water spots?
No, water spots are caused by minerals (calcium and magnesium) in tap water that etch the surface when allowed to dry. Hard water spots are not caused by rain water. Hard water spots can easily be avoided by properly washing the vehicle and not allowing hard water to dry on the surface. For additional information please read our blog post on Water Spots and Clear Coat Etching.